Ready to get Approved for your home loan? Give us a call at 866-900-2342 or Get Started Online
VA guaranteed loans are made by lenders and guaranteed by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) to eligible veterans for the purchase of a home. The guaranty means the lender is protected against loss if you fail to repay the loan. In most cases, no down payment is required on a VA guaranteed loan up to your county VA Loan Limit, and the VA Loan tate is usually lower than is typically available with other loans.
Other benefits of a VA loan include:
- Competitive interest rates.
- Closing costs comparable – and sometimes lower - than other financing types.
- No private mortgage insurance requirement.
- Right to prepay loan without penalties
- More forgiving with credit issues, job changes, etc
- Can borrow as soon as 2 years after a foreclosure or bankruptcy
- Mortgage can be taken over (or “assumed”) by the buyer when a home is sold.
- Counseling and assistance available to veteran borrowers having financial difficulty or facing default on their loan.
Although mortgage insurance is not required, the VA charges a funding fee to issue a guarantee to a lender against borrower default on a mortgage. The fee may be paid in cash by the buyer or seller, or it may be financed in the loan amount.
A VA loan can be used to buy a home, build a home and even improve a home with energy-saving features such as solar or heating/cooling systems, water heaters, insulation, weather-stripping/ caulking, storm windows/doors or other energy efficient improvements approved by the lender and VA.
A Certificate of Eligibility from the VA is necessary to determine eligibility. We can help you acquire this form, give us a call or contact us for help.
VA Loans can help Vets get the best loans available. Call us now to get started on yours. 866-900-2342. VanDyk Mortgage is a VA Direct Lender, making VA Loans since 1987. Or apply online now for your VA Loan Approval
2019 VA Loan Limits by County
Have more questions about Home Loans? Call us at 866-900-2342 toll free direct or contact us here online.